How to Optimize FileBridge File Transfers
While most files in the FileBridge storage location can be moved into and out of it without any additional configurations, sometimes, transferring larger files (Like a Quickbooks QBB Backup, for example), could fail.
In this solution, you will learn how to Optimize the FileBridge storage to allow file transfers up to 4Gb.
The solution for this to click on the "Optimize" button.
If you are using the Standalone FileBridge client, this can be found on the bottom right corner of the "Status" tab.
If you are using the new AppDashboard client, the same option can be found under "More Tools" > "Optimize"
- In order to run the "Optimize" process, you must have local administrator privileges on your workstation. Please consult with your IT department if you don't know whether you have that privilege.
- You must reboot your workstation after you apply this changes, so that the larger file support takes effect.
- When the optimize is enabled, it will allow you to transfer files as large as 4Gb. This option will allow you to browse folders that have a file number larger than 10,000.
- While the Optimize option will allow you to download or upload a file of a larger size, what you can transfer is still limited by:
- The FileBridge quota available to you: The available free space must be larger than the file you are trying to copy from/to FileBridge
- The FileTypes you are attempting to transfer. Certain file types are not allowed on FileBridge for security reasons. (What files types are not allowed on FileBridge?)
Cleanup FileBridge Configuration
Summary: In some instances, the FileBridge client needs to be reinstalled. Performing a simple uninstall from the "Programs and Features" window only removes the FileBridge client, but does not cleanup any associated files and/or configurations. One ...
Users do not see the latest Paperless , PDF, or FileBridge files on their computer
Description Users do not see the latest version of PDF, JPG, or text files when they open the files from FileBridge. Why does this happen? This happens because the user's computer caches the file on their local computer. When the user tries to ...
Receiving credential prompt when opening files on FileBridge
Problem: When trying to open a file directly from the FileBridge drive, the user can sometimes receive a credential prompt upon attempting to open the file. (This mostly happens with Office documents and PDF documents). Clicking cancel on this ...
Receiving "There is not enough disk space. Free enough disk space, and then try again" when saving files to FileBridge
Problem: When attempting to save a file on your FileBridge drive, you receive the following message: Reason: This message is most typically seen when the FileBridge Quota is reached. Unless upgraded, all accounts, include FileBridge with a 1Gb quota ...
Attaching files directly from FileBridge in Outlook 2016
Problem: When trying to attach a file located in File Bridge using Outlook 2016 from New Email -> Attachment File, a hyperlink to the file is created and is embedded as a link in the instead of the traditional attachment. Cause: This is caused ...