Installing FileBridge application issue - Cannot Start Application - Application Cannot be started
When installing FileBridge application you get a pop up "Cannot Start Application - Application cannot be started. Contact the application vendor"
When you click on Details you might see the following text under Error Summary
" + Value does not fall within the expected range."
This issue is most likely due to an issue with the user's profile on the computer. Here are the steps you can take to fix
- Go to start --> Run and type C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0 then hit enter.
- This folder stores all the one-click applications, if you have only two folders then it is most likely that you only have FileBridge application, delete both the folders.
- If the above folder has more then 2 folders that you need to go inside each folder and find which two folders are FileBridge's folder and delete them.
- Try installing the FileBridge application now.
- Open command prompt (Start --> Run --> type CMD and hit enter).
- Type the command in GREEN and hit enter rundll32 %windir%\system32\dfshim.dll CleanOnlineAppCache
- Try installing the FileBidge application now.
If both the above fails we suggest you simply try logging in with another user to this computer and try installing FileBridge, if it works then you will need to create a new Windows Profile, however, if you login with another user profile and still have the issue then this issue is most likely related to the computer.
Important: Please note we can not assist with creating a new profile or with deleting the folders located under APPS\2.0 folders as this falls out of support, you will need your IT to assist you with it.
Installing FileBridge application issue - Application install - Security Warning Your administrator has blocked this application
When installing FileBridge application you might get a security warning similar to the one below Application Install - Security Warning Your administrator has blocked this application because it potentially poses a security risk to your computer Why ...
Users do not see the latest Paperless , PDF, or FileBridge files on their computer
Description Users do not see the latest version of PDF, JPG, or text files when they open the files from FileBridge. Why does this happen? This happens because the user's computer caches the file on their local computer. When the user tries to ...
How to Optimize FileBridge File Transfers
Summary While most files in the FileBridge storage location can be moved into and out of it without any additional configurations, sometimes, transferring larger files (Like a Quickbooks QBB Backup, for example), could fail. In this solution, you ...
How to test connectivity for FileBridge using Telnet
Description Test FileBridge connectivity Why do this test? In order to connect to FileBridge drive, your Firewall and antivirus program shall allow communication to the FileBridge URL. When do you need to run this test? When one of the below is true: ...
Receiving credential prompt when opening files on FileBridge
Problem: When trying to open a file directly from the FileBridge drive, the user can sometimes receive a credential prompt upon attempting to open the file. (This mostly happens with Office documents and PDF documents). Clicking cancel on this ...