gotomyerp has tight security around all incoming and outgoing traffic, and will require a request from all clients with pertinent information, to allow email traffic through the firewall.
Please note that by default, ports 465 and 587 are open, as most service providers use those ports. There is no need to submit a ticket as outlined in the below section if your email provider uses these ports for sending.
Please check some of these common issues that clients typically deal with when emailing:
- If your organization uses an in-house email system, for example, Exchange, Kerio server, Lotus notes etc..., and you are using a self-signed certificate, Quickbooks email will not recognize that certificate, and will fail to send email (by repeatedly popping up with the password prompted when trying to email). Please make sure your email system has an SSL certificate that is issued by a known Certificate Authority, that is recognized by common browsers. Self-Signed certificates are not supported.
Quickbooks mail will require entering a password on the first attempt to send an email via Quickbooks For this reason, "Alias", "Distribution Group" mailboxes will not work with Quickbooks email.
For example: If you have an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
, and all incoming mail to email@example.com
gets delivered to multiple users' mailboxes, there is a good chance that this email will not
work as the "FROM" email within Quickbooks. If you would like to use this email to send from Quickbooks, please create an actual user mailbox for firstname.lastname@example.org
Several methods are available at that point (beyond the scope of this article) to allow forwarding of mail to multiple users.
If you have 2-factor authentication used on the mailbox in question, you will need to generate an application-specific password to use. The primary password for that mailbox will not work. Please refer to your email provider's instructions on generating application-specific passwords.
What you need to be able to email from QuickBooks & Sage
You will need
- Your mail server address.
- Port number, by default we allow ports 465 and 587 as mentioned above.
- Valid username and password on the email server.
How can you get your email server settings
- You can ask your IT guys to provide it to you.
- You can find it yourself by going to Account settings within your email program, in case you are using Microsoft Outlook you can find these details by following the below instructions
Here are some most commonly used SMTP servers or you can see at the bottom of this article for more SMTP server Addresses
- Open Control Panel --> Click Mail --> Email Accounts --> Select Your email account & click on Change --> here you will find the "OUTGOING MAIL SERVER SMTP" this is the server address you need.
- Now click on More settings --> Advanced --> here you will find the port number in the box next to "OUTGOING MAIL SERVER SMTP" this is the port number you need
|Provider / ISP|| SMTP Server Address|| Port Numbers|
|Office 365|| smtp.office365.com|| 587|
|Gmail|| smtp.gmail.com|| 465 or 587|
|Yahoo Mail|| smtp.mail.yahoo.com|| 465 or 587|
Configure email from QuickBooks
In order to configure email in QuickBooks, do the following
- Login to QuickBooks --> Edit --> Preferences --> Send Forms --> ADD --> Change Email Provider to Others
- Now enter the following and click OK
- Your Email Id : This is your email address
- Server Name : This is the server name
- Port: This is your Mail Server / SMTP Port Number
- SSL/TLS : Depending on your mail server you might have to check or uncheck the option
Special note for Office 365 Users
If your emails are hosted by office 365, do not select Outlook/Hotmail/Live as your email provider
Enter your email address, Click on the drop down list and select "Others" and fill in the Server name and port number as the below
Configure email from Sage
In order to configure email in sage do the following
- Login to Sage --> Open Library Master --> Main menu --> Company Maintenance --> Access the E-mail tab
- Now enter the following
- Address : Mail server/SMTP Address
- Port : Port number of your mail server
- SMTP Encryption : Depending on your mail server you need to select one of them
- User ID : This is generally your email address
- Domain : This could be your email domain name, or your window domain name, some mail servers do not need this field
- Password & Confirm Password : Both are your email password
What to do if you are still unable to email.
Submit a ticket with below information.
The SMTP email server of your company. (For example, for google apps, the SMTP server would be smtp.gmail.com)
The port number (For example, for google apps, the port is 465)
The Protocol (For example for google apps, the protocol is SSL)
Application you are trying to email from (For example QuickBooks, Sage, etc...)
In addition, it is advisable (though optional) to send us a username and password for a temporary mailbox on your email system, in order for us to quality check that connection, and guarantee that connectivity.
If you have met all the above requirements, and are still experiencing issues with your email, please contact support, at email@example.com
, and will be happy to assist you further.
Other SMTP Servers
Here are list of other commonly used SMTP Servers as well,
|Provider / ISP||SMTP Server Address|
|BrightHouse - Central Florida||smtp-server.cfl.rr.com|
|Cable One||mail.cableone.net OR authmail.cableone.net|
|Cox Internet - Georgia||pop.east.cox.net|
|Earthlink||mail.earthlink.net OR smtpauth.earthlink.net|
|GoDaddy||Use your Internet Service Provider's SMTP|
|Juno||smtp.juno.com - Some accounts can't change SMTP on Juno|
|Lycos||smtp.mail.lycos.com OR try your ISP's SMTP|
|Mail.com||Use your Internet Service Provider's SMTP|
|MCI||mailrelay.mciworldcom.net or mailrelay.internetmci.co|
|NetZero||smtp.netzero.com or try smtp.netzero.net|
|OPTOnline Internet service||mail.optonline.net|
|Qwest Internet service||pop.dnvr.qwest.net|
|SBC Internet service||smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com|
|SBC - Global Ameritech||smtp.ameritech.yahoo.com|
|SBC - Global Flash||smtp.flash.yahoo.com|
|SBC - Global NVBell||smtp.nvbell.yahoo.com|
|SBC - Global Prodigy||smtpauth.prodigy.net|
|SBC - Global SNet||smtp.snet.yahoo.com|
|SBC - Global SWBell||smtp.swbell.yahoo.com|
|SBC - Global Wans||smtp.wans.yahoo.com|
|SBC - Global Yahoo!||smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com|
|Verizon Internet Service||outgoing.verizon.net|
|Wide Open West||smtp.mail.wideopenwest.com|
|XO Communications||mail.njd.xo.com OR smtp.concentric.net|
**Please note that the above list is provided as a courtesy. It is not guaranteed to be accurate as changes occur with these providers. If you become aware of an inaccuracy. Please send us a note, and we'll be happy to update this article.